Monday, February 22, 2010

Forest, Mid-Winter

It was sweater-only weather this Sunday, so I packed our pack and took them to the nearby park for nice walk. And I wanted to find a willow tree, to get fresh branches for my green & white flower wreath. Well, that was the plan, but when we got there snow was still kind of deep,


so I got soon tired of being pulled of the narrow uneven path by those two energetic ones; they are 9 and 8 years old and not showing any signs of slowing down, I am happy about that since I was neglecting them a bit in these past months. And there was no willow tree in sight, I do not know what happened to them, I thought there used to be some....


The air had kind of pre-spring feel in it though, snow is slowly melting now and it smelled just like I remember from the late-in-season skiing trips from childhood, even the sun and blue sky did show up for a moment, so I was glad we went, especially since we were the the only visitors there that afternoon ...


By the time we were ready to go home, the sky looked gloomy again,



the winter is not done with us yet I guess. And I got little cold sickly today, so it was probably not really sweater weather either :(.

1 comment:

  1. There were willows around the little creek behind NIH, on the Battery Lane side... :)

    ReplyDelete