Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Feeling Lucky

Spring is here, no doubt, and I managed to finish my wreath just in time for St Patrick Day. The body is braided from pieces of flexible vines growing all over in the forests here (since I have not found any willows as was my original plan), the flowers are part crochet, part embroidered on the felt. Hm, I probably should have used a bit more starch to keep them in less wilted shape, but it will do for now.


Jaro je bezpochyby tady, a ja jsem i stihla vcas dokoncit muj venec pro den Sv Patrika. Kostra je spletena z pruznych vetvicek "lijan" ktere tady vsude po lese rostou (kdyz uz jsem nenasla vrbu, jak jsem puvodne mela v planu), kvety jsou z casti hackovane, z casti vysivane na filcu. Hm, mozna jsem je mela vic naskrobit, jsou trochu povadle, ale pro zatim to snad bude stacit.

All our bulbs are shooting above the ground now, like little green soldiers, I am so looking forward for the colors. I have forgotten all about what & where I put exactly so it is my personal suspense, for a moment, to wait for them to show up. I found this lovely arrangement in front of one flower shop downtown (just preview, before our own ones come to bloom).


Vsechny nase cibulky uz vyrasily listky nad zem, jako mali zeleni vojacci, moc se tesim na vsechy ty barvy. Je to docela napinave cekat na to kde se co obevi, uz jsem totiz zapomela co a kam jsem presne zasadila. Tohle hezke aranzma jsem obevila pred jednim kvetinarstvim dole ve meste (jen predobraz tech nasich, az zacnou kvest).

The only flowers in bloom right now are humble pansies, they are always the first (and last) to appear and brighten the gray city walks. They are quite ordinary flowers but I am always thankful to see them.


V kvetu jsou ted jen skromne macesky, ty se objevi vzdycky jako prvni (a posledni) a prozari sedive mestske chodniky. Jsou to jen obycejne kvitky ale ja jsem vzdycky rada, ze je zase vidim.

And, I have seen THE midlife crisis car for my dear W. (in our office garage). The owner usually drives Bentley and I only have heard about this one from valets, I wonder what made him break the habit yesterday ;)


A taky jsem videla Auto pro W. krizi stredniho veku (v garazi u nasi kancelare). Majitel obycejne jezdi v Bentley a o tomhle aute jsem jen slysela od chlapu co tam parkuji, zajimalo by me co ho primelo zmenit zvyklosti prave vcera ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment